- WCI supports increasing the budget for O&M by $100 million
- Adequate dredging is critical to support authorized channel widths and depths to ensure the reliability of commercial operations
- Controlling costs through hours of operation and right-sizing the work force is important, but efforts to cut costs should not merely mean transferring the cost to industry through delays
While funding in constant dollars for Operations & Maintenance (O&M) on America’s inland navigation system had remained flat for decades, Congress has begun to address the shortfall in the last five appropriations bills, with increases in FY ’14 – ’19 and record funding for O&M as well.
- On October 7, 2011, a 280-foot section of the Lockport Wall in Illinois collapsed into the river. Watch this video (below) and understand more about the degradation of our nation’s lock and dam infrastructure.
Securing the Nation’s Future Through Water
“Product Export Flows of Dredging the Lower Mississippi” (May 2018)
- $1.1 million repair planned to prevent Montgomery Lock and Dam failureAug 4, 2018 - The Pittsburgh Tribune-Review
- Temporary fix planned for Montgomery LocksAug 3, 2018 - Beaver County Times
- Hamilton's water power attracting companies -- much like it did for Henry Ford 100 years agoJul 22, 2018 - Dayton Daily News
- Regulators pull money from controversial downtown Minneapolis riverfront power project Aug 17, 2018 - Star Tribune
- Temporary fix planned for Montgomery Locks Aug 3, 2018 - Beaver County Times
- Paddlefest changes route to draw interest to lock and dam May 24, 2018 - The Augusta Chronicle